Tuesday, June 16, 2020

American Defense Manufacturing Swing To Side Magnifier Mount


The devil is in the details and greatness comes from the fundamentals executed properly over and over. As Steve Fisher says, "it's all just sights and triggers."

American Defense Manufacturing took both principles to heart and knocked it out of the park with their swing to side magnifier mount. I've had two other magnifier setups and sold both because I couldn't stand the crappy mount.  I feel the ADM mount is here to stay on one of my rifles.

I paired the mount with a Primary Arms 3x magnifier and it feels perfect for me. I tried a few 1-4x optics and I was never impressed with the brightness of the optics, and so went back to un-magnified red dots.


The magnifier swings to the side and locks in well enough, and repeats the procedure the other way. It feels positive, not too hard, not to soft, the mechanism works with the right amount of force. In running drills, I've found that it stays where you need it, and doesn't move when you don't want it to.

It does hang off the right side of the rifle, but I've not found it too upsetting to the balance of the gun.



Obviously, adding a magnifier and mount adds weight. You can offset this a bit by paying for a premium optic, but you're still not saving that much weight.

Fortunately, ADM has a great QD mount based on a locking throw lever, so if you do need to lighten up, it's a matter of seconds to ditch the mount and the glass.

If you are looking for a good mount to add a magnifier to your rifle, I've been impressed with the ADM mount, and I think you will be too.


And you know what? You can get your GDI fix from Command and Conquer too.

Stay accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment